karoline

Girl With Balloon, Banksy | Photo by @ericjamesward Berlin, Germany

you were so tiny and funny when you first got home. I could play and care for you as I had plenty of experience playing with dolls. the way I tought you how to walk and the way you laughed at my silly songs still make me smile. your hair was always messy and you were always getting into trouble, eating soap or hiding yourself under the beds. the way you cried when I brought my first boyfriend home was cute, like you were protecting me from getting hurt, I felt loved by your jealousy. you were only 5.

today I saw you as a grow woman, defending a thesis at university and standing by what you believe our society needs. I couldn’t be more proud of the woman you are and I wish nothing more than continuous growth and self-awareness to you. in a family of strong, caring and independent women, you are surely on the front line to make us all proud. I will always cheer for you, for us. I love you, never stop shining <3 3="" div="">

Comentários